Once you’ve joined MASS as an Associate Member you will have unrivaled access to a range of excellent networking opportunities and benefits including:
Above all, the appeal of MASS membership has always been the networking and social element. MASS prides itself on being a very friendly and open society. We hold a number of events each year where you can network with like-minded professionals.
Associate Members can attend:
- The MASS Conference (this year in October) – at a discounted price
- Our Annual General Meeting (although you will not be able to vote)
- Our annual Charity Evening – a very sociable event during which we raise money for our ‘chosen charity’. This year we are supporting the Child Brain Injury Trust.
- Regional meetings – we encourage Associate Members to attend their Regional Meetings (held quarterly). These meetings provide excellent opportunities to discuss current legal issues and, through guest speakers, be updated on relevant topics.
For more information on our AGM, Conference and Charity Dinner please see ‘MASS Conference 2017 & Associated Events‘.
Sharing of Information
Communication is key and we make every effort to keep all our members updated regularly.
Associate Members receive:
- The MASS Insight Magazine, you will be sent a hardcopy of our quarterly magazine. You will also be able to access it via the membership area of our website and you can buy additional copies at a discounted rate.
- MASS Monthly News-Round Up, our monthly email which gives up to the minute information on what MASS is up to, up-coming events, case law, MASS Training courses and anything else we think you should know about!
- MASS Mini Guides, provided as and when appropriate and circulated with the MASS Insight Magazine
- The MASS AGM Report, produced prior to our AGM and made available via the Members Area of our website
Other ways to make the most of your Associate Membership status and keep yourself up to date include:
- Regional meetings – it’s good to share, so make sure you go along to your regional events to discuss current legal issues, pool information and knowledge and swap stories and local gossip!
- The MASS website – our site is designed to assist both the consumer and the professional. You will have access to the Associate Membership area which is not available to non-members.
Our ‘training arm’ offers a wide range of training, from webinars to seminars. As an Associate Member you will qualify to book at a discounted rate. Please visit the MASS Training website to see what’s on offer or, to discuss specific training requirements, please contact MASS Training Co-ordinator, Elena Papantoni.
The MASS Brand
As a valued Associate Member you will be able to use the MASS Branding. We will provide you with the Associate Member logo which you can use on your professional stationery and website. We will also give you a Certificate of Associate Membership which you can display within your office premises.
We have negotiated a number discounted schemes which Associate Members can benefit from. Most of the schemes are business orientated but there are a few ‘leisure’ deals too! Once you have become an Associate Member you will be able to access the discounted schemes via the dedicated area of the MASS website.
We are a society and it’s all about membership. We hope that you will appreciate the many advantages of becoming an Associate Member. Together we are stronger!
What to do next
Check that you meet the Associate Membership criteria and then apply as directed.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions please contact MASS Membership Co-ordinator, Jenny Braunton – you can email or ring her on 0117 925 9613.